Write for Us on Value Investing, Finance, Money and Business Topics
You are not a typical investor. Value Stock Guide is not a typical investment website.
We do not engage in mindless chit chat of investing. We do not speculate. We do not get swayed. Our only concern is value. And price. Mainly the gap between value and price. If we find one that is worth our while, we move. Otherwise, we don’t. Odds will need to be in our favor, otherwise we do not play.
Ours is a single minded pursuit of value.
Articles at Value Stock Guide are on investing, money, finance and business topics and tend to be either
- Actionable, or,
- Teachable, or,
- Offer new insights and take the art of value investing in new directions
Does this sound like you? Do you want to reach new audiences at an established and fast growing value focused investment site? Are you willing to contribute regularly to Value Stock Guide and be recognized in the industry as a thought leader?
The ten commandments of writing for Value Stock Guide
- Have a long term investor’s perspective. We do not support speculation. All articles are related to investing, mainly value investing, but some could also go into other related topics relevant to investors (tax planning, estate, philanthropy, investment and custodial services, business, finance, etc)
- Write long form – 1000 words or more is expected
- Take a position – We are not looking for a neutral point of view.
- Be prepared to support your positions. This is an investment site and your ideas will result in capital allocation decisions. Believe in what you say
- Reference (link) authoritative sites – even when you are making a case why they are wrong. In investing, authority is derived from the money at stake. Rags such as Motley Fool or The Street or Zacks or articles on Seeking Alpha ARE NOT authoritative. Klarman, Buffett, Whitman, Columbia University, Sohn conference, ValueX conference, Yale endowment, CALPERS, WSJ, NY Times, Financial Times, Economist, etc are authoritative. Fama and French are authoritative even if they are wrong. Your article will be rejected if you refer to hacks such as Stansberry, Money Morning, Investor Place, or similar. Links to forex, loans, mortgage and any fly by night blogs and websites will be removed and your posting privileges withdrawn. You get the idea: Quality above all
- Address the representative reader of Value Stock Guide. Wealthy, sophisticated and short on time. The time they take to read us has to be worth their while and profitable.
- Bring original thought
- Propose new ideas. Question old established ideas if they don’t make sense
- Be an investor in real life. Having real money at stake teaches lessons that mere theory cannot
- Finally, your articles are exclusive to Value Stock Guide and you agree to convey all copyright claims. You will not reproduce these articles elsewhere